Late one night a few years ago, Amos ate rat poison that was in a neighbor’s house. I wasn’t sure he’d gotten it, but we saw him rifling around under the cabinet and then we all remembered the landlord had just put poison down there.
I ran back to my apartment where my roommate, a former vet tech, instructed me to use a turkey baster to put a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide down his throat to make him puke. It worked. I had foam-y turquoise, half-digested rat poison all over me in no time.
I still spent an hour on the phone with a poison control hotline. I still shelled out a couple hundred at the vet’s the next day. But that hydrogen peroxide trick definitely seemed to be a lifesaver.
Apparently Louis CK is also aware of the awesome power of a 59-cent bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Thanks for the public service announcement, Louis! Now, stop punching your dog.